Contrarily known as medical abortion can be prescribed to the women who are within 63 days of gestation. Women are told to buy abortion pills online it comprises 2 main pills that are Mifepristone 200 mg and Misoprostol 800 mg. Both the pills are equally necessary to end the pregnancy by expelling the uterus.
So women who are planning for medical abortion should meet the necessary criteria which include gestation period, pregnancy type, medical history, etc.
As if any of the issues are ignored then it can cause a negative impact on women’s health and can lead to an incomplete abortion.
What are the guidelines for taking abortion pills and its negative impacts?
- With the abortion pill, it takes place at home with no surgical intervention
- You are required to take 1 pill of Mifepristone 200 mg and 800 mcg of Misoprostol. The first pill is an anti-progesterone which hinders the operation of progesterone and the second pill helps to expel the pregnancy and the pregnancy cannot grow further.
- On the first day, you have to administer the Mifepristone pill with water and then wait for 24-48 hours.
- After 24-48 hours you have to take the Misoprostol pill buccally or vaginally
- If the pregnancy termination does not take place within 2 days then you may need to go to the clinic and consult the medical expert he may suggest you to repeat the dose of Misoprostol.
- This pill leads to contractions causing the uterus to discharge and empty the fetus. In most of the cases, these contractions start within 1 hour to 2 hours and the blood will pass through vaginal bleeding within a period of 24 hours.
- Heavy bleeding and cramping will take place after the consumption of the second pill
- Some women will observe large clots (sometimes as huge as the size of a lemon)
- About 50% of women will observe the passing of pregnancy tissue within 3-4 hours after taking the Misoprostol pill. For some women it can take a longer time, even days
- It is essential to have a follow-up consultation after the completion of 12-15 days to make sure that you are no more pregnant and there is no pregnancy tissue remaining that can cause severe infection to the uterus.
- Heavy bleeding or spotting can stay up to 4 weeks after the medical abortion.
- Vomiting, weakness, diarrhea, nausea is common after consuming the Misoprostol pill. If these signs do not go within a few days then get immediate medical attention by visiting the nearest medical clinic.
- There are 2 to 5 % chances of medical abortion failure so in case the abortion process fails then surgical abortion is generally performed to complete the incomplete medical abortion.